License Recovery

The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers hardship licenses to eligible applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked for a DUII (driving under the influence of intoxicants). An Oregon hardship or probationary permit that allows you to drive:

  • To and from work.
  • For work purposes.
  • To attend alcohol or drug programs.
  • For medical purposes.

Steps to Obtaining a Hardship Permit During Your Suspension:

  • Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
  • Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation.
  • Complete and submit the Requirements for a Hardship/Probationary Permit Application (Form 735-6044).
  • Provide SR-22 Insurance Certificate, documentation proving hardship needs, and a court recommendation for the hardship application.
  • If two or more DUII convictions within the past 5 years, submit a written recommendation from an approved alcohol treatment program.
  • Pay the required application and reinstatement fees.

Need an Ignition Interlock in Oregon? Start with Guardian Interlock®

Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Oregon driving restrictions.

  • Most affordable interlock solution
  • Accurate technology – no false positives
  • Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
  • Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
  • 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need

Get Started now. Find a Guardian Interlock installer or call toll-free 800-499-0994